The Heights Kindergarten
- We are a sessional kindergarten.
- We are managed by a Parent Management Committee, supported by an Office Manager.
- We offer four groups of 4 year old funded kindergarten, providing 15 hours per week.
- We offer one 3 year old kindergarten program, providing 4 hours per week.
- We are situated alongside the Mill Park Heights Child Care Centre which allows working parents the convenience of accessing both Kindergarten and child care.
Our current staff consists of:
(Teacher) Koala & Kangaroo Groups
(Teacher) Kookaburra & Wombat Groups
(Teacher) Possum Group, Kookaburra (thurs) & Kangaroo (fri)
(Assistant) Wombat & Possum Groups
(Assistant) Kangaroo Group
(Assistant) Koala Group
(Assistant) Kookaburra Group
Karen Di Clemente
At the Heights Kindergarten we believe:
- Every child is a special and unique individual.
- The most powerful way that children learn is through play.
We aim to:
- Provide a warm, caring and welcoming environment where children feel safe, worthwhile and important.
- Encourage children to express themselves creatively in a variety of ways.
- Encourage and support children to develop dispositions to support their learning:-
- Social confidence
- Emotional resilience
- Provide the opportunity for learning through play which is facilitated by:
- Extended periods of non-interrupted play.
- Children choosing when to have their own snack.
- Opportunities for indoor/outdoor play.
- Encourage and support the contribution of children, parents, committee and staff in developing the program and facilities.
Enrolments & Fees
(Fees are subject to change as per our Fees Policy)
4 Year Old Group15 Hours per Week
- No cost for concession card holders
4 year old Kindergarten Enrolments
- Children entitled to a Kindergarten year must turn four years of age on or before 30th April in the year they will attend Kindergarten.
- All 4 year old kindergarten placements are managed by the City of Whittlesea Central Enrolment Scheme.
- Application forms are available from the City of Whittlesea Offices and from Kindergartens within the City of Whittlesea.
- For further information about 4 year old kindergarten enrolments, including an application form, please click on the following link…
3 Year old Group4 Hours per Week
2020 3yo Enrolments – Now OPEN
- The 3yo group (Possum Group) is limited to 22 places only.
- 3yo Enrolment Application 2020
Policies & Forms
All policies for The Heights Kindergarten can be found in the Policy Folder.
The Policy Folder is on display in both the Wattle Room and the Boronia Room.
The following links provide a range of parenting information, advice and tips.